Thursday, October 04, 2007

Nike Football Ad Music

I'm still hoping someone can tell me what music is playing along this Nike Football ad.... I feel like I have to know.... C'mon, one of you must be able to tell me....

UPDATE: After some Web searching, I've determined that the song is "Promontory" by Trevor Jones, from the movie version of The Last of the Mohicans. A great movie, perhaps the quintessential movie about the northeastern United States -- I knew I loved that song from somewhere. Here's an MP3.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for IDing that song! I've been trying to figure it out for the last month. I should've known it was Last of the Mohicans.

Anonymous said...

Good call!! I just saw the commercial while watching Virginia Tech getting warmed up to slap around Boston College. I knew that I knew that song from somewhere, just couldn't think of where. See yall at the Orange Bowl after Tech wins!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't say that it isn't from Last of the Mohicans. But I do know that the song was originally called The Ecstasy of Gold, by Ennio Morricone, and was heard during the final showdown scene in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. In the commercial, the percussion has been modernized and emphasized, though.

Anonymous said...

Yep, its Ecstacy of Gold. Here's a youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3u3fTG70Q