Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Health Care inflation

Wow: Oregon's largest health insurer, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, raised rates yesterday by 26% for individual insurance plans due for annual renewal and by 16% for small group plans (small businesses with less than 50 employees).

What a disincentive towards entrepreneuralism.

The whole system is literally breaking down before our very eyes. It is amazing to me how passive politicians (at all levels) are about this. My own state representatives to whom I've written could hardly seem to care less.



2 comments:

Venkat Rao said...

Yes That Was A Well Written Article. Keep It Up.
health

Anonymous said...

Interesting info - it seems your health care cost will be once 100% of GDP :) I know, smiley is not very appropriate, but we have problems here as well. Health care reform is pretty discussed topic now. I am selling optional health insurance with disability insurance in Ontario so naturally I believe some (bigger) portion of private health insurance is inevitable for Canada. I am really curious where our countries will be in some years..
Take care
Lorne